Meet Fraters Aaron Rodgers & Graham Harrell
GREEN BAY, Wisc. - In the 18th hour of the fifth day in 2012, two great men joined Tau Kappa Epsilon. Fraters Aaron Rodgers and Graham Harrell, both quarterbacks for the NFL’s Green Bay Packers, were initiated into the Sigma-Xi Chapter at St. Norbert College. A small group of collegiate and alumni Fraters helped with ceremonies to orientate them with the principles of TKE.
Aaron Rodgers is best known for his abilities on the field.
- Super Bowl MVP (XLV)
- Super Bowl Winner (XLV)
- 2X Pro Bowl Selection (2009, 2011)
- FedEx Air NFL Player of the Year (2010)
- AP Male Athlete of the Year (2011)
- He also holds several NFL and Collegiate Records
Graham Harrell is newer to the NFL, this being his second season with the Packers. However, his college career is nothing short of remarkable.
- Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (2008)
- Heisman Trophy Candidate (2008)
- The Sporting News 2008 National Player of the Year
- AT&T All-America Player of the Year (2008)
- First NCAA player to post multiple 5,000-yard passing seasons
Aside from all of the accolades, these Fraters are men of exceptional character, leadership and purpose. Between their volunteer and philanthropic endeavors with the NFL, Rodgers also works with the MACC Fund (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer) and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Harrell is involved in his hometown of Lubbock, Texas with the Covenant Children’s Hospital and St. Jude’s.
Whether it is outwardly fundraising to simply stopping by unexpectedly for a fan at a hospital, these men show how much of an impact a simple gesture can make. They are looked up to by countless men and women for their work on the gridiron, but should also be recognized for their off-the-field presence. Every Frater should be proud to call these men brothers in TKE.
A special thanks goes out to Frater Dan Zegers (pictured above with Fraters Aaron and Graham) and the Sigma-Xi Chapter for all of their hard work.
Be sure to follow the latest TKE News with the RSS Feed, on Twitter or the official TKE Facebook Fan Page (Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity). Submit your news today.
- Published on Friday, January 06, 2012; last modified on Monday, December 07, 2015