The Communications Specialist will be responsible for content writing for online, quarterly magazine, eNewsletters, social media, blogs, and promotional materials. The Communications Specialist reports to the Chief Information Officer.
- Create new, daily content for news section of TKE.org website
- Update and maintain all parts of the Tau Kappa Epsilon's website
- Assist in the planning and production of our quarterly magazine, The Teke, and other promotional materials
- Conduct audio or video interviews to create feature stories on members of Tau Kappa Epsilon for both website and magazine
- Update, maintain, and monitor the organization's social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or equivalent work experience
- Experience writing or editing content for the web
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Creative Suite or other desktop publishing software is a must
- Able to work within a tight deadline and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to communicate with multiple generations of members
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours as needed
- Flexibility to travel up to 20%
- Experience with email marketing systems such as Exact Target is a plus
This position is located at the Tau Kappa Epsilon International Headquarters building in Indianapolis, IN. There will be no relocation expenses paid. TKE offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, annual bonus incentive program and 401(k) retirement program. TKE is an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward resume, 2 samples of your writing, cover letter including salary requirements to Alex Baker, Chief Information Officer, at email@example.com.