The Hegemon is the chapter educator, primarily concerned with the preparation of Candidates for Initiation. The responsibilities of the Hegemon are:
- Ensure that Candidates are registered with the Offices of the Grand Chapter. The Hegemon should register using the TKE Chapter Module.
- Use the Hegemon's Manual and the Addendum to the Hegemon's Manual to prepare a written Candidate education program that stresses scholarship, recruitment, active participation, and leadership.
- Manage the Candidate education program and monitor the progress of Candidates towards Initiation.
- Supervise Candidate activities.
- Implement a membership development program (member education program) for all members.
- Cooperate with the Prytanis in the selection of big brothers.
Tau Kappa Epsilon Sponsors the Greek Anti-Hazing Hotline: 1-888-NOT-HAZE