Chief Financial & Risk Officer Position Available
Tau Kappa Epsilon International Fraternity (TKE) seeks a highly qualified professional to become its next Chief Financial & Risk Officer (CFRO). As a key member of the Executive Management team, the CFRO reports directly to the TKE Chief Executive Officer and TKE Educational Foundation (TEF) President / CEO, assuming a strategic role in the overall financial management of TKE and TEF. The CFRO has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of both organizations. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, human resources, risk management, forecasting, job costing for the Fraternity and the Foundation, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, partnership compliance, and private institutional financing.
A 501(c) 7, TKE has more than 270 groups across North America, 11,000 collegiate members, and 266,000 total initiates since its founding in 1899. The Office of the Grand Chapter is located in Indianapolis, IN with approximately 30 professional staff and an overall annual budget above $6 million. TKE continues its mission of aiding men in their educational, mental, moral and social development for life with the stated organizational purpose of contributing to the advancement of society through the personal growth of its members and service to others. TKE has never had a membership exclusionary policy and is committed to building Better Men for a Better World.
The TEF is a 501(c) 3 and has assets of nearly $6.5 million. It is operated with a separate President / CEO, Board of Directors, and staff. The TEF's mission is to establish and support scholarships and leadership training programs which promote academic achievement and strengthens moral, social and community values.
TKE offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, annual bonus incentive program and 401(k) retirement program. TKE is an equal opportunity employer.
Desired Qualities and Qualifications Include:
- A Bachelor's degree is required in Accounting or Finance, MBA and / or CPA highly desirable.
- 5+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles.
- 5+ years preferably in non-profit.
- Strong knowledge of non-profit accounting and experience with relationship of a 501(c) 3 to a 501(c) 7.
- Knowledge and familiarity of UPMIFA and how it impacts non-profit financial management.
- Extensive experience in fund accounting and in 990 reviews assuring accurate and timely reporting to the IRS.
- Strong working knowledge of Abila Fund Accounting (Formerly Sage Nonprofit Solutions) and Excel a plus.
For immediate consideration, qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter (as MS Word attachments) including salary requirements via email to Mrs. Courtney Frechin, Office Coordinator at email@example.com