Now Hiring: Web Developer
The Web Developer will be responsible for creating mobile responsive web applications using HTML5 and ASP.NET to market, promote, and provide resources for TKE’s over 268,000 members. This position will work alongside our current web developer and will report to the Chief Information Officer.
- Create websites to promote new membership, educational conferences, and resources for membership.
- Create internal web applications to help maintain, update, and analyze membership database of over 268,000 members.
- Create database queries and reports to help staff perform job functions.
- Fully responsible for development process – gathering scope, programming, analyzing, validation, testing, documenting, implementing, and future maintenance of custom software and websites.
- Answer technical support questions from membership and staff via email and phone.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Website Development, New Media, Computer Science, Software Development or equivalent work experience/certifications.
- Experience with HTML5, Microsoft Visual Studio, ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server or similar programming languages and database platforms is required.
- Able to work within a tight deadline and multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate with multiple generations of members.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Flexibility to travel up to 10%.
- Experience with web design including bootstrap, CSS, and jQuery is a plus.
This position is located at the Tau Kappa Epsilon International Headquarters building in Indianapolis, IN. There will be no relocation expenses paid. TKE offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, annual bonus incentive program and 401(k) retirement program. TKE is an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward resume, 2 samples or screenshots of your website/software work, cover letter including salary requirements to Alex Baker, Chief Information Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you worked on a team for your projects, please specify the pieces you were responsible for.