Major and Planned Gifts Officer
Working closely with the TKE Educational Foundation Chief Advancement Officer and Board of Directors, the Major and Planned Gifts Officer is responsible for managing relationships with major and planned gift donors as well as developing an active pipeline of prospects who are capable of increasing their support of the Foundation over time. The Major and Planned Gifts Officer reports directly to the Chief Advancement Officer. In support of the Fraternity’s mission to Build Better Men for a Better World, the TKE Educational Foundation, a 501c3 organization, raises funds for educational and leadership programming.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of TKE Educational Foundation’s fundraising priorities.
- Communicate a compelling and inspired case for the Foundation; understanding how to effectively connect the case with philanthropic needs of donors.
- Manage a portfolio of 150 major and planned gift prospects, which are defined as those capable of making a gift of $10,000 or more to support TKE Educational Foundation.
- Act as principal donor strategist and primary relationship manager for each prospect in the portfolio with the intent of deepening relationships for the Foundation and moving donors up in their giving.
- Conduct direct cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major and planned gifts prospects. Engage the Foundation Chief Advancement Officer, Fraternity CEO, other Fraternity staff, Board of Directors, TKE Grand Council or other volunteers, as appropriate, in these efforts.
- Work with the Director of Advancement in the identification and evaluation of, and the research on, major and planned gifts prospects. Support effective “moves management” program.
- Produce appropriate proposals, reports, gift agreements, etc., to support major and planned gifts solicitation and stewardship efforts.
- Develop the operating plan for and manage the Heritage Society, the TKE Educational Foundation’s planned gift recognition society.
- Identify and implement new opportunities to grow and nurture the donor prospect pool such as direct marketing (mail, phone and email), social media, alumni events, networking programs and affinity groups.
- Assist the Foundation Chief Advancement Officer, other Foundation and Fraternity staff, as well as volunteers, with fundraising assignments as required. Examples include preparation of letters, proposals and other correspondence, arranging meetings between volunteers and prospects, etc.
- Participate in prospect research and screening efforts to determine an appropriate portfolio of donors.
- Maintain contact reports and compile other pertinent information following donor visits.
- Analyze giving returns and refine strategies to achieve financial benchmarks.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Chief Advancement Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of seven years of fundraising experience (or related field) with an emphasis on major gift relationship building.
- Experience in developing major gift closing strategies, including advanced cultivation efforts, solicitations and stewardship/recognition.
- Basic knowledge of planned giving vehicles.
- Exceptional personal and written communication skills that are effective across a variety of constituencies.
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to succeed under pressure.
- High degree of technological proficiency, including past experience working with constituent management software and Microsoft Office.
- TKE International Headquarters is located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Location of the Major and Planned Gifts Officer is negotiable. For the right candidate, the Foundation is open to allowing this position to work remotely, provided the location is within close proximity to a major airport.
- This position requires significant travel (approximately 2 – 3 weeks per month) throughout the United States and some travel beyond the primary territory. Candidates must be able to handle the rigors of regular travel.
Salary and Benefits
TKE Educational Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits package which is based on the experience / qualifications of the candidate.
Please submit a cover letter summarizing your interest and qualifications for the position, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2016.