Annual Fund Advancement Manager TKE Educational Foundation
Founded by Opportunity Out of Defeat and built on the honest convictions of Love, Charity and Esteem, Tau Kappa Epsilon is a men’s social fraternity, 118 years in the making. The TKE Educational Foundation seeks an Annual Fund Manager to build a platform for significant increases in philanthropic giving supporting its educational and leadership programs.
The Annual Fund Advancement Manager’s primary responsibility is the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program, supporting initiatives in development services, donor relations and moves management. The Annual Fund Advancement Manager will develop a matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone/mail, social media campaigns and volunteer engagement. All focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support.
In addition, the role will collaborate and foster the growth of best practices in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations as related to annual giving with staff in the TKE Educational Foundation and TKE Fraternity. The manager has a solid understanding of annual giving as the enabling component of successful major gift planning programs. The manager provides strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for these areas - in the context of growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater development goals of the Foundation.
This position reports to the Chief Advancement Officer of the TKE Educational Foundation. The Annual Fund Advancement Manager will partner with the Fraternity’s Chief Information Officer on analytics and strategy; and also with the Alumni Engagement Director on existing annual giving programs and engagement. The manager will work closely with the Foundation’s Regional Advancement Director and the Advancement Specialist. The manager will set goals with the Chief Advancement Officer in terms of total dollars, percentage participation, consistency of giving and average gift size. Additional internal goals include clean data, ease of access to data and timely donor stewardship.
Key initiatives include:
- Determine annual giving goals and build strategic plans for achieving these goals.
- Focus on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
- Formulate and execute a communications program supporting annual giving.
- Work effectively with Fraternity and Foundation staff representatives to gain strong participation in annual giving while building strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels.
- Coordinate annual giving with events such as our biennial Fraternity meeting (Conclave), Leadership Academy, and other constituents, such as board members, in a sophisticated and effective fashion.
- Manage a prospect pool with annual goals for giving outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 3 years of experience in annual fund or direct marketing required. The position is based in Indianapolis.
- Demonstrated organization and communication skills, as well as the ability to work with other development professionals and volunteers.
- Excellent skill and understanding of direct mail, telephone and social media campaigns.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Understanding of development, database management, and moves management a plus.
- Ability to listen carefully and understand customers’ needs, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated analytical and fund raising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Laurie Woodhouse at email@example.com
For more information on the TKE Educational Foundation and TKE Fraternity please visit the website at: http://www.tke.org/