TKE Educational Foundation
Overview: This full-time non-exempt position provides services essential to advancing the mission and daily operations of the TKE Education Foundation.
Meetings & Events
- Primary point person that coordinates, communicates and schedules all 10 volunteer committees. Responsible for compiling materials for review and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Coordinates all Board of Directors meetings. Duties include site selection, negotiations with hotel and caterer, assisting Board members and staff with transportation, lodging and assembling all meeting materials.
- Coordinates all Foundation items at Conclave (TKE’s biennial conference). Including but not limited to meeting logistics, Silent Auction, Donor Reception, award process and produces all necessary materials.
- Plans alumni events at Regional Leadership Conferences and Board of Directors meetings.
- Compiles Gift Officer journal entries (spreadsheet) each week.
- Applies changes to donor contact information as needed.
- Assists Database Specialist with thank you notes and monitors current donor acknowledgment/pledge system and advises changes to improve process.
- Keeps a log of donor touch points and reports data to Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) monthly.
Stewardship & Communications
- Oversees Stewardship program through gift acknowledgment program. Maintains accurate records of the Foundation donor levels.
- Assists Director of Advancement in all areas of producing direct mail.
- Receives and advises obituary information and coordinates appropriate sympathy acknowledgement.
- Creates and sends donor newsletters and committee meeting materials.
- Maintains the Foundation’s presence on social media through fundraising campaigns around Giving Tuesday and Founders Day.
- Receives all communications requesting Foundation materials or donor information and passes these requests to staff.
- Informs the staff of gifts received at $1,000 and above for a personal acknowledgment.
- Possesses the ability to continuously improve processes and procedures for the successful operations of the office.
- Administers the Chapter and Grand Chapter Scholarship awards and Special Projects Funds grants.
- Design and implement filing systems for donor records and document retention.
- Tracks orders and works with vendors to insure timely placement of bricks in the Better Men for a Better World Courtyard. Stewards donors with brick photos and keeps the virtual Courtyard map updated after each new order.
- Other duties as assigned by Chief Advancement Officer.
Reports Directly to Chief Advancement Officer
Less than 10%
Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Greek experience or knowledge preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Donor/Service Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and needs of donors; recognizes and values the importance of service to others.
- Collaborative Style: Builds strong partnerships and alliances with others by identifying mutual goals and fostering open dialogue.
- Execution: Meticulous attention to detail; manages time effectively; efficiently completes multiple tasks on time; manage competing priorities.
- Proactive: Takes the initiative; seeks opportunities to beat deadlines and exceed expectations; anticipates issues before they arise.
- Effective Communication: Possesses strong oral and written communication skill.
- Conflict Management: Finds common ground and gets cooperation with minimum noise; reads situations quickly and is good at focused listening.
- Technical Skills: High level of proficiency with use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Patriot database software, including Blackbaud, are preferred.
Salary & Benefits:
TEF offers a competitive salary and benefits package which is based on the experience / qualifications of the candidate.
If this mirrors your experience and skillset, then we invite you to apply for this position by submitting a cover letter, resume and list of references to Emily Garrott in the TKE Educational Foundation Office at: email@example.com. All resumes must be submitted by February 17, 2017.