Advancement Associate TKE Educational Foundation, New York/New Jersey Region
POSITION DESCRIPTION - ADVANCEMENT ASSOCIATE TKE EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, New York/New Jersey region
Founded by Opportunity Out of Defeat and built on the honest convictions of Love, Charity and Esteem, Tau Kappa Epsilon is a men’s social fraternity 118 years in the making. The TKE Educational Foundation seeks an Advancement Associate to build a platform for significant increases in philanthropic giving to support its educational and leadership programs.
The Advancement Associate's primary responsibility will be to manage a comprehensive fundraising effort in the Northeast region which will oversee a portfolio of 250 prospects.
The Advancement Associate will develop a variety of communication channels which ensures donor passion to the areas of greatest need for Fraternity and Foundation growth. The successful candidate will build solid relationships with Alumni Engagement staff, volunteer leadership, internal communication team members and senior leadership.
In addition, the Associate role will have a firm understanding of the fundraising cycle with aggressive closing skills. Preference will be given to candidates having successfully demonstrated discovery/prospecting to eventual donation within the range of $1,000 - $5,000 in annual gifts.
This position reports to the Chief Advancement Officer of the TKE Educational Foundation and will work closely with the Regional Advancement Director. The Associate will set goals with the CAO in terms of total dollars and will be offered a generous bonus based on this performance. Key initiatives include:
- The Advancement Associate will be provided a qualified list of 250 prospects with giving capacity of $1,000 - $5,000 for the New Jersey/New York area.
- The position calls for 125-150 personal visits to prospects annually.
- Training for the right candidate will follow a six-month ramp-up time to become fully engaged and active in this highly desired region.
- Stewardship and a regimented process of follow-up will be a key to success in this position and will be designed by the successful candidate with oversight from the CAO and RAD.
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 3 years of experience in annual fund or direct marketing required. Candidates must live within the state of New York or New Jersey
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to work with other development professionals and volunteers.
- Excellent presentation and all forms of communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Understanding of development, database management, and moves management a plus.
- Ability to listen carefully and understand customers’ needs, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated analytical and fundraising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Danielle Edwards at email@example.com. For more information on the TKE Educational Foundation and Fraternity please visit their website at: http://www.tke.org