Apply for the St. Jude National Vision Committee
St. Jude has announced a fantastic new opportunity for collegiate TKE members.
They are re-envisioning their National Vision Committee (NVC) to be inclusive of all of their supporters and partners. Partners such as TKE. Formerly, it only contained members of the St. Jude Up ‘til Dawn Executive Boards, as a result it only advised on Up ‘til Dawn programs.
The purpose of the National Vision Committee (NVC) is to:
- Represent college & young adult segment that raises over $10 million/year for the mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Engage our demographic innovative thinking through design sprints and focus groups
- Participate in the testing of new programs, technologies, messaging, and other ideas
- Provide insights on generational trends in communications, interests, etc.
- Provide feedback on their fundraising and leadership development experience with ALSAC/St. Jude to ensure that the segment is having a positive and meaningful experience
- Conduct research on influencers in their demographic (YouTube sensations, etc.)
- Expose students to different facets of the organization to help them better understand our mission
- Help St. Jude better understand Generation Z and future generations that will support mission
- Provide rich professional development and leadership experiences for our collegians
Students will apply to be a member of the committee, and 10-12 students will be selected through an application and interview process annually to serve as a member of the NVC. This group of elite students will represent a diverse group of their donors.
The National Vision Committee application can be found here: 2018 St. Jude National Vision Committee Collegiate Application
Applications for this unique opportunity will close on January 24, 2018. Interviews and selections will take place in late January/early February with finalists being announced mid-February.