The St. Jude Walk/Run 2019
Almost a month ago, TKE shared our historic announcement to launch a $10 Million in 10-year commitment to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. This September, TKE is proud to once again be a Gold Level National Team for the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer. Join the TKE National Team and help to reach our goal of raising over $125,000 for the kids of St. Jude this September!
Getting Involved is Easy - TKE.org/walk
St. Jude Walk/Run events take place in 60+ communities across the United States, as well as virtually, throughout the month of September in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
- Visit our national team page to sign up and find the nearest event to you! Once registered, invite your family, friends and Fraters to join your team!
- If registering as an individual, be sure you affiliate with our national team – “Tau Kappa Epsilon”.
- Form or Join a Team: gather your collegiate Fraters, invite your Alumni, reach out to family and ask friends to participate on a team together. Be sure to select “Tau Kappa Epsilon” as your national team affiliation and include your school or chapter designation in the team name.
- If picking up all those new school books has put a drain on your funds, use code “NATIONAL” to waive the registration fee, and then get started sharing your page!
- As you and your fellow team members participate in fundraising, you can earn really great incentives! Also remember, all money your team raises for the Walk/Run will count toward your group's St. Jude fundraising total for this year, and TKE will be that much closer to completing our $10 Million commitment, the largest of any Men’s Fraternity to St. Jude!!
Share your Story!
As you and your team take part in your local Walk/Run, share your experience and your successes with TKE Nation by using the hashtags #TKE4StJude, #TKERegram and #StJudeWalkRun.
Connect with other Fraters
Participating in the Walk/Run is a great way to meet Tekes from surrounding schools as well as connect with Alumni Fraters. Call up a nearby chapter and get a friendly competition going and enjoy knowing the real winners are the kids you’re helping to support at St. Jude.
If you have any questions about the Walk/Run or about getting your group involved with supporting St. Jude this year, email us at StJude@TKE.org.
Make the most of your St. Jude Walk/Run fundraising efforts with these helpful tips!
- Get started early! Individuals who begin as soon as possible have much greater results.
- Set your own goal; you can update your goal from the dashboard page after you create your account.
- Make a donation yourself; people are more likely to match what you’re willing to commit yourself.
- Create a custom URL for your page; this can also be done from the dashboard page of your account and makes it easier for others to find you.
- Get Social! You can post directly to your social media platforms from your account’s dashboard page, or use your custom URL to share with your social networks.
- Get your friends involved; invite others to join your team, come to the walk, and get involved! You will be glad you did.
- Make it fun! Find fun ways to get friends and family to donate to your page (change your profile picture for a day/week, online shout-outs to donors, wear a rival’s colors, etc.), create a team t-shirt for the event, set benchmarks leading up to your larger goal. Be inventive; it’s for a good cause
With your help, we will raise over $125,000 to support Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
Get signed up today at http://tke.org/walk