The TKE Nation Podcast | S2: E12 | Ft. Barry Altland
We are still celebrating National Volunteer Month this week on the podcast as we chat with Barry Altland (Xi-Iota, Central Florida). Barry is a consultant, speaker, presenter, author, facilitator and non-profit executive—In other words, he knows a thing or two about volunteering! Barry brings this experience to the table and we discuss the role of intrinsic motivation in volunteerism. Do you volunteer with any organizations? What motivates you to stay involved? Let us know on social media (@TKE_Fraternity) or send us an email at TKEOGC@TKE.org.
Interested in Barry's book? Engaging the Head, Heart and Hands of a Volunteer by Barry Altland is available on Amazon or wherever you get your books.
- :15 Musicians Needed
- 2:45 Jelly Bean Thoughts (Share your opinions on social media - @TKE_Fraternity)
- 6:30 Masters Week (Safe to say Donnie is excited.)
- 22:10 Rule of Three - Favorite Candies (Almond Joy? Agree or disagree?)
- 24:21 Where in the World is Zach Scott
- 31:45 Barry Altland
- 33:50 Why He Is Involved As A TKE Volunteer?
- 45:30 The Reward of Volunteering With TKE
- 47:30 Adults vs. Collegiates
- 48:00 It's Not What You Say, It's What You Ask.
- 50:00 How To Learn Facilitation
- 55:00 Recruitment vs. Attraction
- 1:04 What's Your Calling?
- 1:07 Closing Thoughts
If you aren't currently a TKE Nation podcast subscriber, head over to TKE.org/Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts to subscribe, so you never miss an episode!
You can also find select episodes and lots of other great content at Youtube.com/TKEHQ!
The Grand Council of Tau Kappa Epsilon has released our 2020-2025 Strategic Plan. Looking for a way to contribute to the future of TKE? Make a gift to Life Loyal Teke today.