TKE Foundation Announces Departure of Frater Steve Strathmann
INDIANAPOLIS – The TKE Foundation announces the resignation of Frater Steve Strathmann (Mu-Sigma, Morehead State) as the Chief Executive Officer of the TKE Foundation. Frater Strathmann will pursue the next step of his career as the Vice President of Philanthropy with HealthSource of Ohio based in Loveland.
TKE Foundation Chairman, Frater Jim Crockard (Zeta-Epsilon, Waynesburg), commented, “Frater Steve Strathmann has done yeoman’s work in taking our Foundation to the next level and leaves us on the strongest financial footing in our history. We wish Frater Steve and his family nothing but success in his next endeavor where he plans to give back to his local community like he has done for his beloved Fraternity.”
Since 2016, Frater Strathmann has led many efforts to develop and grow our Foundation.
- The Foundation team has raised more than $8.3 million through restricted gifts, unrestricted gifts and pledges to support eligible educational, scholarship and housing programs for Tau Kappa Epsilon. This total accounts for raising an additional $1.3 million when compared to the previous six years.
- Improved TKE Foundation standings amongst fraternity Foundations through annual support (from #23 to #16), total revenue (from #26 to #18), grants provided (from #25 to #15) and fundraising efficiency ratios (15% Industry recommendation is 35% or below).
- Led the efforts to rebrand the TKE Educational Foundation to the TKE Foundation to align it our two brands more consistently.
- Completed the endowment campaign for the Charles R. Walgreen, Jr. TKE Leadership Academy including capitalizing on the $1 million matching gift from Frater Elmer Smith (Mu-Sigma, Morehead State).
- Recruited over 50% of the current members of the TKE Foundation Board of Directors.
- Converted the TKE Business Council and Ambassador programs from giving clubs to substantive junior Boards of the TKE Foundation under the leadership of Past Grand Prytanis Bob Planck (Epsilon-Omicron, Houston) and Bob Barr (Beta-Sigma, Southern California) respectively.
- During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Foundation launched the Opportunity Fund to provide need-based scholarships to members directly impacted by the pandemic.
- Completed the endowment campaign for the TKE Regional Leadership Conferences including a recent gift from the Pisano Family to endow the New York/New Jersey Regional Leadership Conference.
Frater Elmer Smith, immediate past Chairman of the TKE Foundation, shared, “As leading members of the CEO search committee, Frater Don Campbell (Delta-Epsilon, Cleveland State) and I were pleased to recruit Frater Steve Strathmann into the Chief Executive Officer position of the TKE Foundation. We couldn’t be any prouder of the successes he has enjoyed as the leader of our Foundation. I thank him for delivering on his promises to build the TKE Foundation into a world-class organization dedicated to raising the funds necessary to support our important programs like the TKE Leadership Academy and Regional Leadership Conferences.”
Frater Steve Strathmann shared, "It has been an honor and privilege to work with such dedicated women, and men, for the revenue expansion of Tau Kappa Epsilon. This incredibly successful journey could not have been made possible without the support of our tremendous Board of Directors, volunteer leadership and 'Best in Class' staff. Their constant voice of determination has fueled substantial increases the Fraternity, students and alumni enjoy today. I will always be grateful for the opportunity to have served our members and very generous donors."
The TKE Foundation is the 501(c)(3) organization affiliated with Tau Kappa Epsilon. It accepts tax-deductible donations to fund its mission, through a partnership with TKE, the TKE Foundation supports programs and services that build Better Men for a Better World.
For more information, please contact:Alex D. Baker
Technology & Communications Consultant
The Grand Council of Tau Kappa Epsilon has released our 2020-2025 Strategic Plan. Looking for a way to contribute to the future of TKE? Make a gift to Life Loyal Teke today.