St. Jude Walk/Run Tips
In September, supporters from across the United States come together for the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month to raise month for the kids of St. Jude, where families never receive a bill for anything. Join TKE Nation as a Gold Level Sponsor for 2017 at the nearest Walk/Run location to your campus, or virtually participate, as our Fraters and Friends strive to raise over $125,000 at all Walk/Run locations this September!
You can get involved with just a few steps:
First, go to http://tke.org/walk
Check to see if your local team has already been created in the list of teams.
- If your team has already been started, join it and create your account.
- If your team has not been created, select “participate in an event”
- find your local Walk/Run or Join the Virtual Walk/Run and select Tau Kappa Epsilon from the National team drop-down list
- Include either your chapter designation or school name in your team name to ensure your group receives credit.
Once your account has been created, make your first online post to get your fundraising started! (and post regularly through your Walk/Run date) Be sure to check out tke.org/guides for more information on best practices for using social media for your Chapter.
Make the most of your St. Jude Walk/Run fundraising efforts with these helpful tips!
- Get started early! Individuals who start as soon as possible have much greater results.
- Set your own goal; you can update your goal from the dashboard page after you create your account.
- Make a donation yourself; people are more likely to match what you’re willing to commit yourself. (Use code “GOLD” when creating your account to waive your registration fee, then make your donation after you’ve created your account so others will see how committed you are to your cause!)
- Create a custom URL for your page; this can also be done from the dashboard page of your account and makes it easier for others to find you.
- Get Social! You can post directly to your social media platforms from your account’s dashboard page, or use your custom URL to share with your social networks.
- Get your friends involved; invite others to join your team, come to the walk, and get involved! You will be glad you did.
- Make it fun! Find fun ways to get friends and family to donate to your page (change your profile picture for a day/week, online shout-outs to donors, wear a rival’s colors, etc.), create a team t-shirt for the event, set benchmarks leading up to your larger goal. Be inventive, it’s for a good cause!
Be recognized as a Fearless Fundraiser and earn this year’s custom t-shirt or sweatshirt. As you continue to fundraise, you’ll be recognized with more great prizes, from your choice of various bags, jackets, luggage, all the way up to a Bluetooth speaker or iPad Pro depending on your fundraising level!
Join the 2,000+ Fraters who will participate in the Walk/Run this September across TKE Nation in support of the kids of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital!
With your help, we will raise over $125,000 to support Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
Get signed up today at http://tke.org/walk
The Grand Council of Tau Kappa Epsilon has released our 2020-2025 Strategic Plan. Looking for a way to contribute to the future of TKE? Make a gift to Life Loyal Teke today.