Frater Finishes Fifth at Curling Championships
The United States Junior Men's Curling Team, including Frater Stephen Dropkin (Sigma-Kappa, Merrimack College), finished fifth in the World Junior Curling Championships in Ostersund, Sweden earlier this month. The Olympic hopeful has an impressive resume in Curling dating back to 2004. Practicing his craft at Broomstones in Wayland, Massachusetts, Frater Stephen started competing in 1996.
His Curling highlights include:
- World Junior Championships: 2012 (5th)
- U.S. Junior Men's National Championships: 2012 (champion), 2011 (silver), 2010 (4th), 2009 (5th), 2008 (7th), 2007 (8th), 2006 (semifinalist), 2004 (10th)
- GNCC Junior Championships: 2012 (champion), 2011 (runner-up), 2010 (champion), 2008 (champion), 2007 (runner-up), 2006 (runner-up), 2005 (runner-up), 2004 (champion)
- North Dakota Junior Championships: 2009 (champion)
- World University Games Trials: 2008 (3rd)
The team capped a great year which included six championships in 10 events. The TKE Nation congratulates Team Dropkin on their successful year and wish them luck in their pursuit of competing on the international stage in the 2014 winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
Be sure to follow the latest TKE News with the RSS Feed, on Twitter or the official TKE Facebook Fan Page (Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity). Submit your news today.
The Grand Council of Tau Kappa Epsilon has released our 2020-2025 Strategic Plan. Looking for a way to contribute to the future of TKE? Make a gift to Life Loyal Teke today.