Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
- Founded on January 10, 1899 at Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Illinois.
- More than 257,000 men have been initiated into the bond of Tau Kappa Epsilon.
- active chapters and colonies located throughout the United States and Canada.
- Governed by its Grand Chapter, which meets in biennial Conclaves to elect a Grand Council and revise or amend The Black Book (the International Constitution and Bylaws). The Grand Chapter is primarily made up of undergraduates.
- The Grand Council governs the Fraternity between Conclaves.
- 30 full-time employees on the professional Fraternity Staff. Thousands volunteer as unpaid staff.
- Tau Kappa Epsilon publishes a quarterly magazine titled The Teke.
- The Grand Council appoints Fraters to serve on a three subcommittees of the Grand Council. they are the Judiciary, and Investment Committees, and the Grand Court.
- As a partner in the 1899 Properties LLC, the owner of our International offices, the Grand Council appoints two distinguished Fraters and the CEO to serve as Trustees and Manager.
- The Fraternity staff is supported by key volunteers who provide their time, talent and treasure throughout the TKE Nation. They include: Grand Province Advisors, Province Advisors and other leaders.
Services Provided by the Fraternity
- The Offices of the Grand Chapter (International Headquarters), located in Indianapolis, Indiana, produces, collects, maintains and distributes a vast library of resources to chapters and colonies.
- The team works hard to visit every chapter in the TKE Nation. If you are in need of a visitation, please email us.
- The Chief Administrative Officer, along with the Regional Servicing Team, are dedicated to assisting chapters in all facets of fraternity life. This includes, but is not limited to, chapter operations, recruitment, retention, alumni support, risk management, campus involvement and education.
Conferences and Conventions
- Tau Kappa Epsilon holds its Conclave every two years; each collegiate chapter and colony is required to have at least one representative in attendance.
- In the spring, TKE conducts Regional Leadership Conferences. Four are planned for next year.
- The TKE Leadership Academy is a week-long leadership training conference held in the summer.
- The Fraternity conducts four Regional Servicing Team Planning Conferences in late summer.
- The Expansion Coordinator – is dedicated to working with interest groups to start colonies. He works closely with the Regional Servicing Team to support their organization and growth.
TKE Educational Foundation