Our biennial convention is called Conclave and is held every other year. Conclave is a great celebration of brotherhood, where Tekes from all over the world come together for three days to select the leadership of the Fraternity, vote on changes to the governing rules and policies, recognize our best and brightest Fraters and Chapters, participate in intense leadership development, and build friendships.
The 58th Biennial Conclave will take place August 6-9, 2015 at the New Orleans Marriott.
New Orleans Attractions:
- National World War II Museum - This museum tells the story of the American Experience in the war that changed the world so all generations can experience the price of freedom.
- Aquarium of the Americas - Recognized as one of the leading aquariums in the United States, this is an exhibit you will not want to miss.
- Audubon Zoo - At this zoo you'll find the African savanna, Asian domain and a journey back in time at Audubon's Dinosaur Adventure.
- French Quarter - Recognized as New Orleans' oldest neighborhood, "The Quarter" is home to Jackson Square, St. Louis Cathedral and Bourbon Street.
Make sure you're in the know; sign up at conclave.tke.org to receive the most up-to-date information available.
The 2013 Conclave will be held in Washington, D.C. on August 8-11, 2013 at the Grand Hyatt Washington. This is the same hotel that hosted our 1995 Conclave.
Washington D.C. Attractions:
- The iconic landmarks of the National Mall stand tall in Washington as symbols of the history of the United States.
- Travel to the National Air and Space Museum, the most popular of Smithsonian museums.
- Georgetown University, George Washington University, and American University, each ranked as one of “America’s Best Colleges”, are mere minutes from the heart of the city.
- Tour the White House- an iconic structure that’s been shelter to First Families for more than 200 years.
Our 2011 Conclave was held in San Antonio, TX at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio. We spent our time in general sessions, business meetings, educational breakouts, serving the San Antonio community, celebrating at the Sunset Station, and finishing the weekend by electing our new Grand Council.
Check out these highlight videos of the weekend
Black Book: Chapter 1, Sec. 3
Attendance and Registration. Each chapter of the Fraternity is required to be in attendance at each Conclave, being represented by an accredited delegate. The payment of the registration and other fees for the attendance of Conclave shall be the responsibility of each chapter. Payment of the registration and other fees shall be made in four equal installments in accordance with a schedule established by the Chief Executive Officer. Failure of the delegate to be in attendance at the Conclave shall not relieve the chapter of the responsibility for the payment of the registration and other fees for the Conclave. The registration and other fees shall be established by the Chief Executive Officer in amounts necessary to cover the cost of conducting the Fraternity's Biennial Conclave