Have a Safe Super Bowl Sunday
The un-official American holiday known as Super Bowl Sunday is the culminating sporting event of the most popular sport in North America. The AFC Champion Denver Broncos take on the NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII in East Rutherford, New Jersey. During the festivities, make sure you and your chapter/colony partake in the event responsibly. The following tips will help you have a safe and memorable Super Bowl Sunday:
If you're hosting a party, add healthy snacks to your menu.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables, such as apple halves or carrot sticks. There should be a variety in season.
- Offer foods, dips, dressings, and beverages low in fat, calories, sugars, salt, and sodium.
- Water is a great alternative to sugary and caffeinated drinks.
Physical activity is always a great way to be healthy and safe:
- Take the fun outside and play a game of half-time flag football.
- Have a halftime walk around the block.
- Call "tap tap" on your seat and move around during the break.
This Sunday, be your brothers' keeper and enjoy the Super Bowl in a safe and fun setting. No matter what team you are rooting for, do so responsibly.
For more information, please contact: