Job Opening: Communications Specialist
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for content writing for online, quarterly magazine, eNewsletters, social media, blogs, and promotional materials. The Communications Specialist reports to the Chief Information Officer.
- Create new, daily content for news section of TKE.org website
- Update and maintain all parts of the Tau Kappa Epsilon's website
- Assist in the planning and production of our quarterly magazine, The Teke, and other promotional materials
- Conduct audio or video interviews to create feature stories on members of Tau Kappa Epsilon for both website and magazine
- Update, maintain, and monitor the organization's social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or equivalent work experience
- Experience writing or editing content for the web
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Creative Suite or other desktop publishing software is a must
- Able to work within a tight deadline and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to communicate with multiple generations of members
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours as needed
- Flexibility to travel up to 20%
- Experience with email marketing systems such as Exact Target is a plus
This position is located at the Tau Kappa Epsilon International Headquarters building in Indianapolis, IN. There will be no relocation expenses paid. TKE offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, annual bonus incentive program and 401(k) retirement program. TKE is an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward resume, 2 samples of your writing, cover letter including salary requirements to Alex Baker, Chief Information Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Published on Friday, May 02, 2014; last modified on Monday, December 07, 2015