Game Day. Give Back.
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. - Do you watch the Super Bowl? Do you like making a difference with community service and philanthropy? TKE and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital have partnered to develop the Game Day. Give Back. event to help raise funds and have some fun doing it. The plan is simple and the payoff is well beyond dollars. The great thing about this is its simplicity. Follow the instructions below and ask your local St. Jude representative (or TKE) for help if needed. This is an opportunity to build a better world. Will you join us? Markell has! (link to video)
The Game Plan
Let’s lead the charge by hosting watch parties on campus and inviting all students to attend.
It’s as easy as this:
1) Plan a fun viewing party.
2) Invite people to come.
3) Accept donations from those who come.
4) Have fun and make a difference.
Planning your watch party:
- Save the date – the Super Bowl is February 6.
- Identify who is in charge and form a committee.
- Pick a venue and arrange for plenty of tables, chairs and viewing areas.
- Arrange for big TVs to watch the game.
- Work to have food and drinks donated.
- Complete any necessary paperwork with your university and TKE.
Your endorsement deals
You’ll receive a sponsorship template to use to recruit sponsors for your watch party.
Consider finding sponsors to help with:
- Monetary donations
- Food and drink
- AV stuff
Conducting the Draft
Get the word out & invite others:
- As you would with any event, you have to tell people about it!
- Invite all chapters within your Greek system.
- Invite other student groups on campus.
- Invite Alumni and campus professionals.
You’ll have access to an online site that will let you:
- Set up an event page for your watch party
- Send e-vites to people
- Collect donations
- Download resources to help you have a great event
Game Day set-up
- Get ready to host a great watch party!
- Follow all event policies and procedures as outlined by TKE and your school.
- Test AV to make sure all TVs and sound work.
- Set up venue with tables, chairs, food, drink and any decorations.
- Arrange for change to break large bills and a safe way to collect donations.
If you need help, you are only a phone call or an email away from it. Contact TKE and we can get all the answers to your questions (Phone 317.872.6533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
and ask for Director of Communication Tom McAninch).