990-N IRS Tax Forms & Risk Management Fees
Risk Management Fees Were Due October 15
Risk Management Fees were due in full by October 15. Did you miss your deadline? If your payment was not received on time, your insurance coverage may be canceled and you will be charged an Insurance Reinstatement Charge of $250. Failure to pay your Risk Management Fee may result in coverage cancellation and may result in your chapter's loss of recognition with Tau Kappa Epsilon. To view the Risk Management Fees invoice, please log in to the TKE Chapter Module at https://module.tke.org.
For American TKE chapters/colonies, payments should be made directly to James R. Favor & Company at http://www.jrfco.com/ach.htm.
For Canadian TKE chapter/colonies, payments should be made directly to Tau Kappa Epsilon at https://module.tke.org.
In the future, if a chapter is unable to meet this deadline, they can set up a payment plan with Brett Widner at the Offices of the Grand Chapter for at least 50% due on October 15 and the remaining payment due on March 15.
Missed your deadline?
What do I do if my group has lost its tax status?
If your group has lost its tax status, you will need to file IRS 1024 to be reinstated as a 501(c)7. You can find form 1024 on the IRS website. There is a onetime fee of $850.00 due to the IRS in order to process your paperwork. More information about the revocation and reinstatement can be found here.
Where can I go with additional questions?
Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity has partnered with File990.org for IRS 990 & 1024 support. Through this support, File990.org will provide the following services to TKE groups:
- Form 990 (Annual Filing)
- Reminders to all TKE groups when they need to file their 990 tax form.
- Phone and email support to any TKE group with their annual 990 tax filing.
- If you are interested in filing IRS Form 990 using the file990.org system, the cost will be at a discounted price $29.95. For all 990 questions, please contact JB Goll, Director of National Accounts, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Form 1024 (Reinstatement Filing)
- Support and assistance through the reinstatement filing process.
- Through this support, File990.org will provide a certified public accountant (CPA) to assist you with your reinstatement filing using Form 1024. The fee for this service will be at a discounted rate of $1,000.00 in addition to the IRS refilling fee of $850.00. If you are interested in using this service, please contact Cindy Bell, File990.org CPA, at email@example.com.
For more information about File990.org, you may visit their website – www.file990.org, or give them a call at 859-309-3640.
The 990-N tax form must be completed by every chapter and colony in TKE Nation.
Tau Kappa Epsilon is organized as a 501 (c) 7 non-profit corporation and is recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt organization. Unfortunately, even with federal tax-exempt status, you WILL need to file with the IRS annually. This year, chapter 990-N tax forms must be filed by October 15, 2014. Visit our TAX PAGE to learn more. Also, see How to file your 990-N.