Risk Fee Calculation
This calculation is for the 2022-2023 fiscal year. For the 2022-2023 fiscal year, the base fee is $210.
To learn more about the Risk Management Fee, please watch our course on EDU.TKE.org on how the Risk Management Fee is calculated.
If a group has a chapter property, there are adjustments based on property type:
- House Owned by TKE Entity – Add $40
- Rental Owned by 3rd Party – Add $30
- University House – Add $20
- Lodge – Add $20
- No Official Housing – Add $0
Favor & Co. Property Insurance
- Any Favor & Co. Property Insurance Client – Discount $15
Beginning Fall 2023, any group who opts-in to Substance Free Housing will receive a $15 discount.
Claims and Incident History
Adjustments based on a claim or an incident reported to the university with outcomes:
|Claim history over the last three years:||One Claim||Two or More Claims|
|Claim is closed with no payment||Add $0||Add $5|
|Claim is open with no financial reserve||Add $0||Add $5|
|Claim reserve is between $0 and $24,999||Add $10||Add $30|
|Claim reserve is between $25,000 and $74,999||Add $20||Add $45|
|Claim reserve is greater than $75,000||Add $30||Add $60|
- Incident reported by University which has resulted in University or TKE outcomes within the last two years - Add $15
- No Incidents - Add $0
Groups have the opportunity to earn significant discounts through their efforts to advance excellence and the mission of Tau Kappa Epsilon.
Regional Leadership Conference and Conclave participation.
- Did Not Register – Add $5
- Registered – Discount $5
- Registered 8 or More – Discount $10
- Registered 12 or More – Discount $15
Key Results Area Score. Please note, the Grand Council has a minimum expectation that each group maintains 60% attainment on the KRA scorecard.
- 0-59.9% – Add $15
- 60-69.9% – Add $5
- 70-79.9% – Add $0
- 80-89.9% – Discount $5
- 90%+ – Discount $15
eCompliance completion percentage.
- Less than 60% - Add $15
- 60-89.9% - Add $5
- 90-94.9% - Discount $5
- 95%+ - Discount $15
Accounts Receivable balance over 90 days past due as of May 31 each year.
- Balance less than $1000 – Add $0
- Balance over $1000 – Add $10
In this new calculation, the aim of the Risk Committee is to incentivize groups who achieve excellence, and are committed to the mission of Tau Kappa Epsilon. All calculations are final as of May 31 each year.