No Shave for St. Jude Kids 2014
Fraternal Services Specialist
November is a month where facial hair runs wild across the country. As many individuals choose to celebrate an intermission in shaving, did you know you can support the children of St. Jude at the same time?
Tau Kappa Epsilon has teamed up with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital to create "No Shave for St. Jude Kids." During the month of November, you will have an opportunity to join Tekes throughout the nation as we raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and help save kids battling cancer and other deadly diseases.
Registration for No Shave for St. Jude Kids is simple:
- Follow the URL: tke.stjude.org
- Click "Register" at the top of the page
- Register a team or join an existing group
- Raise as much money as you can by utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
- Start November clean-cut and finish with the best facial hair in TKE Nation!
No Shave for St. Jude Kids is a way to raise awareness and funds for the children of St. Jude. The ways in which you can ask for donations are limitless, but to get the ball rolling, several TKE Professional Staff members came up with ideas to help you get your campaign started:
- Create a bracket style tournament for members to compete, the winner (dollars raised) continues to let the hair grow
- Agree to not shave for [X] number of days for every [X] dollars raised
- Agree that the brother with the highest fundraising total with one week remaining gets to shape and style all other beards in the chapter or colony
- On the last day of the month, host a shaving event on campus to raise awareness and make one final fundraising push
Share your progress with TKE Nation by using #Beards4StJude. We'll share the best stories, beards and mustaches on our Facebook Page, Twitter Page, and of course, our Instagram Page throughout the month of November. On Tuesday, December 2, 2014, the best performing group will be featured in Tau Kappa Epsilon's #TekeTuesday.
For more information, please contact:
Programs and Events Manager