Donald R. Tapia RLC (CHI)
On January 17, 2022, the Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare first shared updated the following event guidelines:
Vaccine: Proof of Vaccination Required
- Currently, the state of Illinois has a mask mandate in place. For our program, this means anytime you are not in your sleeping room, eating, or drinking, you will be required to wear a mask. This requirement is similar to that of current airline travel.
- Cook County, the location of the Hilton Rosemont, is currently requiring that all guests/visitors to the hotel seeking to attend a meeting/event where food and beverage is served, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement applies to everyone attending the Regional Leadership Conference.
Under the applicable order, acceptable proof of vaccination includes the following:
- A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card; or
- An official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered; or
- An ‘app’ that provides a digital record of vaccinations; or
- A digital or physical photo of such a card or record that includes the individual’s name, the vaccine brand administered, and the date the vaccination was administered.
Based on our communication with the Hilton Rosemont, Cook County has made it clear if an individual is unable to provide proof of vaccination status the hotel and/or Tau Kappa Epsilon International Fraternity, cannot permit them to participate in the event. Fully vaccinated is considered either two shots of Moderna/Pfizer or the one shot of Johnson & Johnson.
You must have proof of your vaccination either in-hand or digitally to attend the Donald R. Tapia RLC.
If you are unable to provide this to TKE during RLC on-site registration, please contact Joseph Krzywonos to either transfer your registration to another person or to another RLC location. Proof of a negative COVID-19 test is not sufficient enough to allow you to attend the RLC. Again, the vaccination policy has been set by Cook County not by Tau Kappa Epsilon.